Sunny Hill Preschool in Sudbury has a rare job opportunity for the right person! We are a NAEYC accredited preschool where academics are taught through purposeful play.
We are presently interviewing for a part-time Assistant Teacher for the 2015-2016 school year. This is a part-time position M/W/F 8:45-11:45 (August 31 through June 15). Additional subbing opportunities are also available throughout the school year. The Assistant Teacher is responsible for supporting a Lead Teacher in a classroom of Preschool age children. Responsibilities include working with the Lead teacher as a team to carry out the curriculum and daily activities of the classroom, managing the classroom, assisting in the observation and assessment of children, helping to ensure the health, welfare and safety of all children, interacting with parents as well as children, and helping with daily set-up/clean-up of the classroom. The Assistant Teacher must be able to assume the responsibilities of the Lead Teacher in the Lead Teacher’s absence. Additional responsibilities include: Monthly Staff Meetings, Back-to-School Night, 4 Professional Days, Special Person’s Night, Set-Up and Clean-Up Days.
Required: Applicants Must:
· Be able to work in a collaborative team environment, act professionally at all times and remain confidential in their daily work.
· Have a High School diploma or equivalent.
· Have an understanding of child development and be DEEC Teacher certified or be willing to obtain certification during their first year with us.
· Have a passion for early childhood education and preschool age children, interact warmly with children and parents, and exhibit an understanding of child guidance strategies.
· Must be able to see and hear children within their care at all times.
· Have CPR and First Aid Trained or willing to obtain certification.
· Must have basic computer skills (e.g. email/word documents)
· A College degree.
· Experience working with preschool age children in a school setting is a plus.
Competitive salary based on a teacher’s experience and qualifications. Professional Development offered and paid for as well as college course reimbursement. Yearly Paid Time Off/Sick Days, as well as 3 paid Holidays.
If you are looking for a part-time job, in a warm, supportive, team environment please apply. Please attach your resume to your application.
Sunny Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer.